According to new industrial policy of Government of India , district
industries centre Agra was established in 1979 to speedup industrial
development. District Industry centre act as nodle agency for
establising any industries in the district. To provide latest information to the
beneficiaries this centre was computerised in 1997-98 among the 10 districts
selected in the first phase in Uttar Pradesh. Also dialup connectivity provided
by the National Informatics Centre, Agra Unit. From May-2000 the internet
facility is also provided to this centre.
Main Schemes Running at District Industries Centre, Agra
- Eakul Mej Vayvastha
- Prime Minister Rozgar Yojna
- Udhmita Vikas Prashikhan Karyakram
- Zila Stariya Udyog Bandhu
- Niryat Protsahan
- Laghu Udyog Adhunikikarn Yojna
- Rugn Evam Bimar Ekaiyon ka Punarvasan
- Prakirya Saha Uthapadan Vikas Kendra
- Hastshilp Udyog
- Laghu Udyog Poshan ki Karya Yojna
Main Industrial Area of Agra District
- Industrial Estate, Nunhai
Major Industrial Area was established at Nunhai, Agra over 71 acre of land. The
71 plots and 112 shedes were developed there , All are allotted now and various
units are working there.
- Mini Industrial Estate, Achnera
This industrial area was also setup in Achnera, having 30 Plots in two acre of
- U.P. S.I.D.C. Industrial Areas
- Foundry Nagar : This Industrial area was setup at Foundry Nagar over 65 acre of
land. The 234 plots were developed there.
- Sikandra A.B. : This industrial area was setup at Sikandra over 65 acre of land.
The 112 plots were developed there.
- Skiandra C : This industrial area was setup at Sikandra over 142 acre of land.
The 297 plots were developed there.
Main Industries of District Agra
There are 12 units in the district those comes under major & medium scale
2. Small Industries
- Electrical Goods
- C.I. Casting
- Leathr Goods and Shoes
- Steel Rolling
- Milk Products
In this category ,7200 units are working at Agra, those produces
3. Handicrafts Works
- Cotton and Textile
- Wood Paper Products and Stationery
- Leather Goods and Metal Products
- Auto and Engine Parts
- Electrical Goods etc.
In Handicrafts, Zari Zardozi, Marvel, Strone carving and Inley work, Carpets
about 13000 people are working. About 116 are exporting units and two
Padam Shree Award winners are Mr. Sekh Samruddin and Shri Hari Kishan Badal, 37
States and National awards winners of handicrafts.
Above 1.5 Laks pairs of shoes per day manufactures in agra by the cottage, small
scale and medium scale footwear units.There about 60 organised footwear units,
3000 tiny manufactureing units and about 30000 house holds artisans units. There
are a large number of ancillary industries, supporting footwear industries in
Agra. (About 20 small scale machinery manufacutes and 100 various kinds of
footwear component manufactures.) About 65% of total domestic requirement of
shoes in india is supplied from Agra.
There are around 70 export units in Agra in which two golden cards holders and
three silver card holders units. Total export turn over agra about Rs. 450
For more information please:Click